I fell short on my promise again. Ugh. As I stated in my previous post, I promised to make a 2017 series for this whole month and as you could see, January is almost end and thus far I’ve only posted once.The reason behind my lack of posting is because I am moving my arse out of the cruel capital that is Jakarta and back to my beloved hometown. So I’ve been busy packing mountains of stuff that I’ve managed to accumulate during my stay in Jakarta, which is only a short 12 months. I didn’t even remember buying those stuffs. What a hoarder.
While I was packing my stuffs, I found these three full boxes of empty bottles & packaging of all the skincare products I’ve used the entire 2017. Yup, I kept them all. Again, yes, I am a hoarder. So I snapped them and took to Instagram Stories and asked my followers (which are mostly consisted of friends & family) whether they want me to post these products I’ve used up on my blog. Below is the result:
Therefore, I decided to write this post, listing all the skincare products I’ve used up on the entire 2017 and further to reveal which ones are on the Hit List (products that I looove) and which ones are on the Miss List (doesn’t work on me). Now let’s end the rambling and get down to business.
2017 Empties: Hit & Miss Skincare Products
Before I start with the lists, I’d love to recap all of the skincare products that I’ve used up last year. As I said, there were three full boxes of stuffs. There were empty bottles and packaging boxes. Some of the products are still being used until today, so not yet empty. But I’d still give my thoughts on them.
- Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
- The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2% – Still in use
- COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid – Still in use
- COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner (link to review here)
- Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence – Still in use
- Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence
- Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence (link to review here)
- Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey
- Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence
- Trilogy Rosehip Oil
- COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner (the bottle)
- Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-oxidant Serum (link to review here)
- Son & Park Beauty Water (link to review here)
- COSRX Low PH Good Morning Cleanser
- COSRX Galactomyces Alcohol-free Toner
- COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask – still in use (link to review here)
- COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Rice Overnight Mask
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
- Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner (the bottle)
- Klairs Ultra Facial Oil-free Gel Cream
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
- Biore Cleansing Oil – still in use
- COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Essence
- COSRX Centella Blemish Cream
As I started typing, I realised that I loved most of these products. So to avoid having unbalanced lists I’ll limit the products to 3 for each list. And here are the lists:
2017 Hit List
- Galactomyces Alcohol Free Toner: At first I actually quite nervous for trying this product because although it has some stellar review, the bad review is quite horrific. It is because apparently some people could be highly allergic to fermented ingredients that is galactomyces (read here). And I didn’t know whether I was allergic or not. But thankfully, to my delight, this products performed a miracle! It delivers all of its promises. Hydrating? Checked. Brightening? Checked. Definitely a gem <3
- The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%: I’m currently still using this and I’m planning on writing a thorough review about this so I won’t spoil much. But it does a miracle. Everyone should try it.
- Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask: Actually, I’ve used this up quite a long time ago so it’s quite challenging to make a helpful review out of it. But I do remember loving this product so much that I used to use it almost everyday. It’s a lightweight wash-off mask that gives instant and intense hydration to my skin. I’d definitely would buy this again soon.
2017 Miss List
- COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Essence: I finally found a COSRX products that I do not love. As you could see, my empties are dominated by COSRX. I bloody love the brand because all of their products I’ve tried kicked ass, except for this one (and the other one on #2). I would not be as disappointed if it just did nothing. But this one is hated by my skin. I didn’t feel any hydration whatsoever, the consitency is tacky, and some how it made my skin dull. Too bad because I read promising reviews about this. So, maybe that’s just my skin.
- COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid: this one is not as disappointing as #1 and I’m still keeping it in my vanity because of good faith. I know this product is one of the most raved COSRX products. Lots of bloggers swear by this. And unfortunately it doesn’t suit my skin. It does literally nothing to my blackhead and sometimes even add some whiteheads into my skin. Weird, I know. I so want to love this product but I can’t.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil: I had a major disasted with this one. It’s actually partly my fault but it’s enough to put me off reaching for this product ever again. So, I had quite a severe cystic acne on my chin and having had quite a decent experience with this product, I applied it on my acne. In the morning I woke up with a burn. A literal burn, like I just got my chin ironed. It’s painful and embarassing that I had to use surgical face mask to the office. Ugh.
Now those are my list. If you’d love to read a full review of some of the products that I haven’t reviewed yet, please let me know. Comments and opinions on the products that you might have also used are also appreciated 😉